Friday, August 14, 2009

The Begining

Marijuana prohibition has gone on too long.It seems to me that everywhere I look, people love the pot. I would say 1 out of 4 people I've ever worked with smoke it regularly; at least 3 out of 4 have tried it. A third of my neighbours smoke it, and 3/5 of my friends do. Its on TV, it's on the web, and its on our minds.Why is it illegal?Many ordinary citizens ask themselves this question everytime they toke, and the answers that they have found leave a bitter taste in their mouths.The aim of this blog is to chronicle an inquiry into pot-culture in Canada, as seen from the experiences of those living in and passing through Waterloo, Ontario. There is no need to like toking, nor to be a toker, to express your opinions here. The only requirement is to seek a dialogue which takes into consideration all points of view. This blog also has zero tolerance for oppressive attitudes, and will not hesitate to inform upon and enforce a mutual respect in its postings.With these aims in mind, and respect in our hearts, we begin the journey into why prohibition exists, and how this affects the lives of everyday Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment