Tuesday, September 15, 2009

K_DOOB

Hello. here you will find an electronic copy of some roughly made work to be printed and distributed. Thanks for reading.
What was I thinking when writing this? Well, I don't know. I was fairly high.
Think you can do better? Have any pointers? Help me escape my prison of convulsion.
Otherwise, enjoy!

My being is fucked(!), because I got high.
Let me explain.
My friend Paul and I just enjoyed a notorious fatty, basking in the sunshine of a late summer. We talked with our neighbour Mike while doing push-ups, about dogs and his days as a delivery guy. We asked how our days were, and chilled out.
So, the problem with this equation is that it’s the first day of school (the last days of summer???) and I have another class at seven, and as I’m smiling to myself while making pBNJ –zenwhiches, I realize.
I can’t do this. This is Fourth Year. I need to behave myself.
The breakup is emotional.
“Paul, I can’t keep doing this.”
“I know…”
The silence was unbearable.
“…”
“…we just…can’t.”
“…I know…”
“Well…,” I mounted the stair. “We’ll always have August.”
Massively baked as such, I realize that something is fucked up about this situation.
I have to give up something pivotal to my life, maybe not as a foreverthing, maybe more a ‘shufflin’-the-deck-o’-life, m’boy’-thing and I am encountering one of our societies great hypocrisy.
This cleavage is because the life I want to live is not supported by the world around me, is one which seems to require the surrendering of my Chronic.

Smoking with the frequency I have this summer, I am not surprised that I have not done a pot ‘zine.
Long have I told people that I would write something and begin an infamous publication, known as….
K_DOOB!!!
Yes, K_DOOB.
The name would echo through time.
It would probe deeply into the dark conifers of our collective mythology, challenging every backhanded villain and clamorous hero to enter the realm of drug lore.
Then I found out about the 10-day-free-trial World of Warcraft (WOW) was having, and then was introduced to Magic: The Gathering (M:TG), and (gasp!) Dungeons and Dragons (the flippin’ D&D yo!), and before you knew it, it was August.

So, rejuvenated and relaxed, I resumed my mission. I got some old pot magazines, saw Marc Emery speak and watched his movie.
I started a blog and told people about it.
The first day it was up, I got really ripped and wrote of all the fabulous ideas I’ve had so far, but now know that it is up to me to go and find out what has already been done.
I was really earnest and still am – this is meant to tell you about it, in a way.

Thus, this publication.

I need to do something about the current state of marijuana in my community because we are experiencing a culture fraught with coercion and stupidity; stupidity on behalf of our social institutions maintaining this fraud, and stupidity on behalf of myself, for I am woefully ignorant of the realities behind my magical herb. Pot is potent, and can affect your state quite strongly, but can be a valued plant-teacher, or be used for its medicinal qualities. It is demonized more than it deserves, and its users are demonized along with it. On top of seeking legal reform and institutional honesty, I am also grappling with the idea that it has negative effects on my life, thus the need to take some distance.

This publication is a project that I don’t want to maintain alone, and I know I’m not alone. There are a diversity of people on-board with this movement, and many resources in our community to help us live a better life with and without the ganja.
We need to be frank. Pot isn’t for everybody; lots of substances aren’t for everybody, but are accepted and celebrated everyday as part of a normal social system. The poison alcohol is touted as social lubricant; fast food is the way to stay fueled on the go; we can rend and tear our bodies into whichever shape we want but what we are able to put into our bodies is being increasingly controlled by forces outside ourselves.
Marijuana comes from the earth, a plant, and while we may sing about it, joke of it and, most definitely, financially profit off of it, we are not allowed to be someone who is a smoker of marijuana.
This issue needs examination, and I would like to do this in conjunction with whatever resources I have available. Thus, here are the resources I have available. Please, I would love for this to be a collective effort, and as allies come forth, I would like to do what is possible to further this cause.

Let us work towards a common future, where we no longer need hide in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment